- Provide an avenue for youth to interact, socialize and organize community service activities
- Organize events focused around the needs of our youth
- Provide opportunities to develop individual skills
- Planning and Organization
- Become responsible and respectful members of our society
- Connect with our Culture and Heritage
- Interact with communities.
- Participate in the events organized by other communities.
- Interact with youth from other communities
- Visits to Old Age homes.
- Organize fund raising activities (Helping poor kids back in India and/or people affected by natural disasters etc.)
- Learn the spirit of giving back to the community
- Provide volunteer opportunities at events organized within (IAKC and IAKC CARES) or outside of IAKC
Let’s continue to make a difference to our community and show we care.
“Without community service, we would not have a strong quality of life. It’s important to the person who serves as well as the recipient. It’s the way in which we ourselves grow and develop.” ~Dorothy Height
YUVA – Quick Glance
- Youth wing of IAKC, established in 2013
- Yuva has around 30 members
- Involved in various community oriented activities
- Open to kids, aged 11 and onwards
- Focus is also to keep kids connected to their Indian heritage
YUVA – Sample roster of events
Harvesters, Breakfast Kitchens, Playground building, College/career oriented seminars
Why join IAKC – YUVA?
It is very essential for our YUVA members to indulge in community activities outside of school and gain experiences that will help them grow into responsible adults. IAKC YUVA helps provide a platform towards that goal with its focus on the 3 Cs: Community, Caring and Creativity